Monday, June 04, 2007

The Challenges of International Travel Pt. IV

When I checked into Park 'n Fly car park in Montreal so as to fly to London, on my way to Dublin, they kinda sorta forgot to send a shuttle, even after I asked them to in a loud voice through an intercom in their deserted parking location somewhere near the airport. They forgot for a full half hour. Yes, I timed it.

I made it to the airport with :50 until my flight. The self-check-in kiosk refused my booking number and the Check-in Lady (after the kiosk check-in barfed back my attempts by telling me to see the Check-in lady) told me I had effectively missed my flight. She checked with her supervisor who confirmed it was too late. Check-in lady then graciously gave me a ticket anyway (ignoring her supervisor) when she heard my tale of woe and Park 'n Fly. Her co-worker ran my luggage by hand to the flight (when they said they were delivering it by hand I was sure that was the last I was ever going to see of my bag, forever).

But it gets better. I trundled through security, got in the line-up to board the plane - and thinking 'much respect and big-up props to Check-In Lady for getting me on the flight', but I almost plotzed when I glanced down at my ticket I saw I had been assigned the last seat on the plane. In Business Class. Check-in Lady whoever you are, I love you.

No comments: